List:       lucene-user
Subject:    can I remove commit.lock file when I am search documents
From:       "umamahesh bayireddya" <umamahesh78 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 1:20:58

I am using lucene in my web application.
I am using 2 index directories.  For the first time I will create index in
index1 directory and next time I will create in index2. I will use flip-flop
mechanism in two directories.
After creating index all the users who are searching will point to new index
directory(this I will handle using flags).

So I won’t have searching and adding/deleting documents simultaneously to
one index directory.

Now can I remove commit.lock file when I am search documents.
As I have a problem like in peak traffic searching is timing out in
obtaining  commit.lock this is rare but I have to eliminate.

As I understood commit.lock is there not to write anything into index
directory when someone is search, am I right?
Please let me know if it is wrong assumption

So I am thinking of remove commit.lock when searching for document as multi
read is allowed on any operating system
If not please suggest me alternative

I am creating IndexSearch object whenever there is a request for searching.
I will be creating index everyday after adding and removing file to source
directory where my file reside.

Please give ur suggestion, alternative

Thanking you
mahesh