List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Lucene crawler plan
From:       "Clemens Marschner" <cmad () lanlab ! de>
Date:       2003-06-30 10:46:01

There's an experimental webcrawler in the lucene-sandbox area called
larm-webcrawler (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/lucene-sandbox/larm/overview.html),

and a project on Sourceforge (http://larm.sf.net) that tries to leverage
this on a higher level. I want to encourage you to go on that side and read
through the specs in sourceforge's CVS.

It concludes pretty much everything that Andy wrote in his proposal, and
more. The project only contains conceptual documents at this time, but if
you're willing to contribute actively, that's very appreciated.

Unfortunately I have to stop my efforts regarding LARM. Long story short: My
future employer says it's too close to their business. But in contrast to
other open source projects, there's already lots of ideas in that document
and lots of code in the old crawler. If you wish to contribute, it's now up
to you.

Clemens