List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    Re: unable to index heavy data
From:       Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene () fucit ! org>
Date:       2008-02-26 7:32:58

: I am using lucene as search engine i had some 6-7 billions of records in data
: base .but when am indexing only uo to some 90,000 records were indexed and
: its stoping there itself with out giving any error .
: And the index searcher is also able to search records only upto some 50000
: records .
: I dont know the luimits of lucene usage .PLease help me immediately .

1) "PLease help me immediately" is not a good way to encourage people to
help you.

2) there are way to many variables here to give you any meaningful advice
-- we have no idea what your code looks like, any number of a million
things could be going wrong with your code before even begining to
consider the possibility of a legitimate bug in the underlying Lucene
code.  I can assure you that plenty of people have managed to index a lot
more then 90,000 documents on very modest hardware.

-Hoss