List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    New "Did you mean" feature: How to approach?
From:       "Stefan F. Keller" <sfkeller () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-28 11:58:36

We would like to add "Did you mean..." to our Lucene-based search
engine www.geometa.info. Doug mentioned in his recent interview that
this feature would be not too complicated to implement.

First I considered integrating a spelling checker (through JADT-API)
but one would rather expect "nearby" words which really exist in the
document pool. Some people have mentioned this feature here (or on the
java-user-list).

=> Is anyone aware of any real developments in this area?

Ideally, one would combine the data already maintained by the
IndexReader class with an existing similarity search algorithm (like
trigram)...

=> Any ideas?

Stefan