List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    Re: Wiki
From:       Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-03-27 8:28:09

Hello,

ThankYouForYourWikiWork ;).

My only suggestion there is: careful with information duplication.
Lucene's main set of pages are produced from xdocs, as you know.  Those
docs are maintained by developers working on Lucene.

I think it would be best if we tried not to duplicate information.
That is, if something is covered in xdocs, don't put the same
information on the Wiki.  One will get out of date, and that's no good.

I think it would be best if Wiki were to be used to provide Lucene-user
provided information.  That way, information in xdocs, and what's
available on the Wiki, should just complement each other, and
duplication should be minimized.

I don't want to create boring bureaucratical processes, only trying to
act early and be proactive.

Otis