List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    Re: Analyzers for various languages
From:       "Che Dong" <chedong () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-12-31 6:59:19

For asian language, Chinese Korean Japanese,  bigram based word segment is easy way \
to solve the word segment problem.  Bigram based word segment is:  C1C2C3C4  =>  C1C2 \
C2C3 C3C4  (C# is single CJK charator term) I think the the make a StandardTokenizer \
can handle multi language mixed content : Chinese/English, Japanese/French mixed \
content.

In CJKTokenizer(modify from StopTokenizer) I use one char buffer remember previous \
CJK charactor to make overlap term(Ci + Ci-1)。 but in StandardTokenizer I still \
don't know how to make: T1T2T3T4 => T1T2 T2T3 T3T4.  (T# is single CJK charator term)

for more article on word segment for asian languages:
http://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+word+segment+bigram

Regards

Che, Dong