List:       lucene-dev
Subject:    RE: Memory Usage?
From:       Halácsy_Péter <halacsy.peter () axelero ! com>
Date:       2001-11-13 9:27:16

How about this:
"You must have at least four non-wildcard characters in a word before
you introduce a wildcard."  (source:
http://www.northernlight.com/docs/search_help_optimize.html)

I think the best approach would be to have a parameter (of query
parser?, of indexsearcher?) to set the minimal non wild-char characters
before any wildchar.

peter