List:       lua-l
Subject:    Re: Windows "installer" for LuaRocks
From:       Jakub Jirutka <jakub () jirutka ! cz>
Date:       2018-01-25 18:41:41

> The problem would be then maintaining LuaRocks with Lua, or like you have done, \
> fork and maintain compatibility yourself.

I didn't fork LuaRocks. LuaRocks is just a dependency of Luapak. When I wrote that \
Luapak *embeds* LuaRocks, I meant that Luapak executable built by Luapak includes \
LuaRocks. I just reimplemented the builtin build backend, because the original \
implementation is quite poor and impossible to extend. The rest is about altering \
configuration variables. LuaRocks doesn't seem to have some "public API", so future \
updates may cause breakages; there's a quite large API surface Luapak needs to \
interact with.

> Aside from that, I think I'll ask if there any „auto update" feature for LuaRocks \
> so I could deploy it and then the user can update as required?

AFAIK LuaRocks doesn't have such feature, nor Luapak. It's a matter of the system's \
package manager to update applications.

Jakub