List:       lua-l
Subject:    Re: Need help in Connecting to MySQL
From:       Tomas Guisasola Gorham <tomas () tecgraf ! puc-rio ! br>
Date:       2014-07-25 11:15:14

 	Hi Poojita

 	Check where the library (mysql.so) have been installed.  It should
be at /usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql.so.

 	Regards,
 		Tomás

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014, T Poojita/CHN/TCS wrote:

Hi Users,
  I have been learning Lua recently and trying to connect to a local MySQL Database.

Lua has been installed in my Linux machine at location /usr/local/

     Lua 5.2.3  Copyright (C) 1994-2013 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

I downloaded Luasql package from github and installed using makefile. The below path \
/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql contains

the below files related to MySQL.

     ls_mysql.c
     mysql.def

When I try to run a sample mysql program I get the following error.

lua: testing.lua:3: module 'luasql.mysql' not found:
         no field package.preload['luasql.mysql']
         no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql.lua'
         no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql/init.lua'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql.lua'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql/init.lua'
         no file './luasql/mysql.lua'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql/mysql.so'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/loadall.so'
         no file './luasql/mysql.so'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/luasql.so'
         no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.2/loadall.so'
         no file './luasql.so'
stack traceback:
         [C]: in function 'require'
         testing.lua:3: in main chunk
         [C]: in ?

Request your kind support, as how to configure Lua to use luasql in connecting to \
MySQL. Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Poojita
and any attachments. Thank you