List:       lua-l
Subject:    Re: [ANN] New WIKI page BuildingLuaInWindowsForNewbies - beta
From:       Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2013-07-31 0:37:33

On 31/07/2013 1.24, Philipp Janda wrote:
> Am 30.07.2013 19:23 schröbte Lorenzo Donati:
>>
>> I removed the "Work in Progress" notice from the page [1]. You may add a
>> link to it on www.lua.org if you see fit.
>>
>> Everyone's contribution to that page is welcome!
>
> Is there a reason why you don't copy `lauxlib.h` (and `lua.hpp`) to your
> binary distribution directory?

That was definitely a mistake. Originally I planned NOT to include the
headers, because this "distro" was targeted at almost complete newbies
in programming. I assumed they would want Lua to program in Lua the
language, not in C using its API, so I wanted to keep it simple. But
upon better reflection I changed my mind because (1) I ended up building
a "non-standard" distro, (2) even newbies could want to learn the API
after a while. The omissions then stemmed from me doing the work at late
hours! :-)

> I had modified the given `build.cmd` to
> do so, but apparently you reverted to an older version of this script ...

I'm sorry but, in a previous message I asked people not to edit the page
yet until I removed the "work in progress header", so when I "committed"
my final version and removed the header I didn't check whether someone
else had actually done any editing and I ended up steamrolling your and
Mateusz Czaplinksi's edits.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I'll reinsert your changes again as soon
as possible. I'm working on it right now.

-- Lorenzo