List:       lua-l
Subject:    Re: Getting started with Lua on Cygwin
From:       "Nels Anderson" <nels.anderson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-27 4:30:00

Hi Eric, thanks for the response.

> Sounds to me like your Lua library (presumably lua51.so) isn't in any of
> the places gcc looks for libraries. Either copy it there or edit the
> makefile to set an explicit library path.

I built an .so based on this thread (
http://lua-users.lua.org/lists/lua-l/2006-10/msg00080.html) but that didn't
resolve the undefined reference errors. To the best of my knowledge, gcc
looks into /usr/local/lib by default (I've also modified some of the make
configs to explicitly to the same result).

/usr/local/lib contains liblua.a and liblua.so
/usr/local/include contains lauxlib.h lua.h lua.hpp luaconf.h and lualib.h

Any other ideas on what the problem may be? I think the Cygwin setup I've
got is pretty vanilla and I'm probably just missing something obvious. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Nels