List:       lua-l
Subject:    Re: Lua code objects
From:       Scott Rutledge <srutledg () telusplanet ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 18:01:49

>or you could have tables of source? (which wouldnt require parsing)
>
>_source = {
>     ['class Point'] = [[
>function Point()
>     local p = {}
>     p.x,p.y = 0,0
>     return p
>end
>]]
>}

Tables of source..I do like that idea. Flexible little language, isn't it?

> >>I'd be willing to help work on a library to support this. Sort of on the
>topic, had anyone been crazy enough to make an XML parser for lua?
>
>I agree with Reuben, little point in doing this as you could store stuff as
>shown above. :-)

Yup, that you could. Certainly will make things easier. Thanks for the
feedback.

>Is this whole idea too restrictive and application specific?

No, I think this could be made into a fairly general module: the lua live
code database (er...whatever, not quite awake yet). I can see there being a
few restrictions, won't know until we try.

I'll start jotting this down into a design spec. Will post it in a few days.

Scott Rutledge