On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote: > In 4.0 alpha we introduced "break" and labels for "break". > We are now inclined towards removing these labels (but keeping "break".) > Would anyone have a *good* use for labels? > --lhf Perhaps it's just the patterns that I use when programming, but it's very rare that I need a multilevel break in any other language that I use. I can't imagine that I'll ever want it in Lua. You can still break out of multiple loops--it just looks ugly: local broken = false while true do while true do if Test() then broken = true break end end if broken then break end end By the way, I'm VERY glad that breaks have made it into Lua! Thanks! -Fred