List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] RE: verynice and Redhat 7.0
From:       "Charles Marcus" <CharlesM () Media-Brokers ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 10:45:10

Hi Jim,

Yep, I had installed them all as of about 2 months ago, but haven't
installed any new ones since then...

Hardware is an ASUS A7V MB, IBM Deskstar 45GB...

But we're not having hardware problems (unless it is a memory issue), it is
software problems...

I have had a couple of different things happen...

   a) Mozilla processes that could not be killed (had to reboot)

   b) Netscape would not launch for a certain User (other Users were OK),
even though we had killed all Netscape processes for that User

   c) Squid would hang up the Server during reboot (finally had to turn it
off, as it was causing us to have to go through manual fsck on all
partitions whenever we had to reboot)

I think squid was a big part of the problem initially, because once we
turned it off, the problems have been greatly reduced, but still persist
every few weeks...

We'll be replacing their Server with a new version based on Redhat 7.1 soon,
and I'm anxious to see if that takes care of the problem.

Time will tell...

Charles