List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    RE [Discuss] Finally solved XDM: too many retransmissions
From:       Graeme Bruton <graeme () centsys ! co ! za>
Date:       2000-06-30 16:16:13

Firstly, thanks to all who have sent sample files, words of encouragement, advice and \
pictures of their pets.

Don't ask how, but I finally got the ltsp working. After reloading RH6.0 (again - 8th \
time) as a standard server installation instead of custom, it worked first time. I \
then took innd out of the startup, and rebooted, and it wouldn't give me the login \
window.  I put innd back in, and it still wouldn't give me the login window.  I \
gallantly reloaded RH6.0 (9th time) and got it working again.  Now, I just leave \
everything alone!!  I'm even too scared to upgrade to RH6.1.

I started playing around with StarOffice 5.1, installing it as a multi-user set up, \
and it seems to work quite well.

I am as baffled as I was before, but now maybe I can start tweaking individual \
settings and get to implement this thing properly.

Thanks to all again.
Graeme
South Africa