List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Discuss] burning eprom -- mission impossible
From:       Shaggy Im-erbtham <shaggy () loxinfo ! co ! th>
Date:       2000-05-29 14:13:29

I used "rom-scan" from the Etherboot README Troubleshooting tips
to detect problems on my bootrom and got this result:

Found ROM header at D000:0000: announces 16k image (27C128
EPROM). Checksum doesnot match. This image is not active.

If the EPROM is present and not active, the README suggests
several possible scenerios but not enough for me to go on.

Please suggest further actions base on these scenerios:
1. truncation of the EPROM window <I have no idea what this means>
2. may be you have a larger EPROM in a solot meant for a smaller
one <don't think so as I am using a 16k EPROM>
3. checksum error in the EPROM due to some bits not properly
programmed <this could be one problem but how do I overcome it?>
4. EPROM not being fast enough <don't know about that>

TIA
Shaggy