List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Idea about accessing LTSP server from home office
From:       Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-05-13 16:52:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:23 PM Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-sse@osnanet.de>
wrote:

> I hope there still is someone on this list...
>
> This question is not so special to LTSP 5, could be even on a new
> server. But we still have LTSP 5, so I start here.
>
> As a fallback option in case I land in quarantine :) I would like to
> establish a way to access our LTSP server from my laptop at home.
>
> Our server has 2 NICs, one pointing to the router (AVM FritzBox), and it
> should be relatively easy to establish an SSL connection via DynDNS.
> (The other NIC is configured for LTSP and printers of course.)
>
> But would it be possible to get any computer at home to load an LTSP
> session, either an existing one via VNC or directly by establishing a
> standard LTSP session?
>
> Has anyone ever tried this or had this idea? What would I have to
> consider, where would I have to re-direct LTSP from the internal NIC to
> the external one? Or would you say, it's rubbish? Or maybe too dangerous?
>
> Thanks for any input!

You can try to build and use a VPN, which might be a bit complex,
especially for the users.
Or you can use Guacamole, which like a gateway to the internal network and
can be accessed from a browser.

Have a look also at the Virtual Computer Lab:
https://katacoda.com/dashohoxha/courses/docker-scripts/virtual-computer-lab