List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Active Directory user can log in at server but not at client
From:       richard kweskin <rkwesk_ltsp () hellug ! gr>
Date:       2020-02-14 10:43:56

On 2020-02-09 21:48, Peter Tuharsky wrote:
> Hallo, guys
>
> I also encounter login problems with AD accounts. The AD server is
> Samba 4.9 @ Debian Buster. Local login on server works well, thin
> client login works well, even windows login works well, only the fat
> client login doesn't work at all. From auth.log it looks like client
> ends connection after successfull auth, that makes no sense.
>
> The unix users have no problem.
>
> Please, any hints? Should I set up krb5 for chroot in order to make it
> work, or...?

Seeing that no one else has responded I will. You haven't explained
whether this has been a problem since you first set this up or even what
distro is on the server. Unfortunately, I have no experience with AD
accounts so I just have a few thoughts to share.

Thin client login is closer to server login whereas fat client login
depends on the squashfile image and the lts.conf. I can only think that
possibly a full update on the server followed by a renewal of the image
is helpful or that some parameter may need tweaking on lts.conf but I
have no idea which or how.

Richard