List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] problem with LTSP on Edubuntu
From:       John Hupp <ltsp () prpcompany ! com>
Date:       2012-12-07 14:56:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

If you saw Don Dirks' follow-up to this, you'll know that my advice did
not solve his problem. He eventually figured out on his own that his
problem was related to Compiz, which he uninstalled as the solution for
his purposes.

I had answered him without remembering the details of what I had
encountered, but for the record, my notes on that:

Under Lubuntu 12.04 LTSP, I found that creating a new user and then
trying to login as that user on the client caused a boot loop.

Solution: Login as the new user once on the server before trying to do
that on the client.