List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04 => extremely slow....
From:       Thierry Dumont <tdumont () math ! univ-lyon1 ! fr>
Date:       2012-10-15 8:48:31

Hi,

We switched recently our servers  and ltsp server to Ubuntu 12.04
(former version was 10.04).

 Our users want Gnome, xfce, KDE... so we install all these environments.

Some important tools are know very very slow:

-kde : 5 seconds to open a shell on a 8 core machine, 32 gb, 7 users....
-kde tools, used from gnome: kile is very slow
-some other non kde tools are slow: texmaker for example.

But libreoffice (from gnome) is not slow....

Any idea?

Yours
t.d.

["tdumont.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]