List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] ltsp-cluster LDM_SERVER disagrees with actual
From:       Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-30 15:05:43

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply.

> It's quite
> possible that the server is not the same on 2 requests.

Are you saying that each time the ldm login screen loads the user
might get a different server after logging out and in?    In any
event, it's consistently opposite after different logins with some
thin clients.

>It's quite
> possible that the server is not the same on 2 requests.

If this were a feature, it would make a lot of sense loadbalancing
wise.  However, it's my understanding that without exporting the
correct LDM_SERVER variable on the thin client this breaks local
devices.   I thought that the thin client uses ssh connect to
LDM_SERVER to mount the local media in /media/$USER/.    Am not not
understanding how this works?    And indeed I see the media showing up
mounted on the wrong node.

Thanks much,
Peter