List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Monitor off
From:       James Linder <jam () tigger ! ws>
Date:       2011-09-28 0:25:57

On 28/09/2011, at 12:22 AM, ltsp-discuss-request@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> > Hi. I have a problem. I use LTSP5 with Ubuntu 10.10. I want that my
> > monitor dont off in all day. I disable screensaver and power manager
> > for that the monitor dont off, but after 10 minutes my monitor off.
> > I dont know what is the problem. I am thinking to format my Ubuntu.
>
> It doesn't deserve formatting...
>
> Try 'xset -dpms' to disable powering off.

I too am frustrated to zot by this ...
xset -dpms does not work

I've done everything I can think of both client side and server side (for example) \
can anybody tell me how X_BLANKING=0
in the lts.conf is supposed to influence screensaver on the server.

Like Mario I want a 'Do Not Blank Ever, Do Not Even Consider Blanking'  setting for \
my clients

If anybody can help I'b be wildly grateful

A later posting shows
xset -dpms
xset s off

I'll try that