List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] How to set default session for ldm?
From:       Stéphane Graber <stgraber () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2011-09-10 0:53:25

On 09/09/2011 03:33 PM, Dr. Rüdiger Kupper (Kepler-Gymnasium
Freudenstadt) wrote:
>> We have LDM daily builds for Natty in the LTSP PPA:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ltsp-upstream/+archive/daily
>>
>> Just cherry-picking the ldm package from that PPA in your chroot will
>> fix the handling of LDM_SESSION so that:
>> LDM_SESSION="gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback"
>> works as expected.
>
> Thank you, Stephane. I'm a little reluctant including daily builds
> into an installation that will be used by possibly hundreds of users a
> day. Stability is an isue in that environment. But I take it from your
> answer that it would be safe?
>
> Regards,
> Rüdiger

I wouldn't recommend running the daily PPA in production as it may break
at any time in the future.

Downloading the current ldm for natty from the PPA and only that single
.deb should be safe as pretty much all the commits since the last
release were bugfixes.

Actually, you can also use:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/ldm/ldm_2.2.4-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
That's the current ldm from Oneiric and contains the bugfix you need.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer