List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP Ubuntu 10.10 - local usb drives
From:       Stephen Welch <bigfishinnet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-17 14:16:05

Hi all :-)  I have just started to embark on a project for 30 QTOPS
with intel 945 GME chipsets  I have a ubuntu server 10.10 running on
virtual box.

My lts.conf  looks like this

[Default]

SCREEN_07 = rdesktop
RDP_SERVER = 192.168.30.100
RDP_OPTIONS = "-a 16 -N -r sound:local -u '' -r disk:USB1=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1"

X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16
X_MODE_0 = 1400x900

# Start the crontab creation script
RCFILE_02 = /etc/ltsp/crontab.sh

# Example crontab entry for shutting down thin clients at 16:00:
CRONTAB_01 = "00 16 * * 1-5 /sbin/halt"

I am trying to mount the usb drives that teachers will plug in the
drive letter is displayed under windows\my computer and if i do some
trouble shooting on the thin client via ctrl-alt-f1 it tells me the
device is plugged in?

On a more general point we are solely using LTSP to create an rdp
connection to a windows 2008 64 bit server.  Is there any streamlining
or gotchas to make the system run quickly and reliable as possible.
For example what about sizing a pc just to do this (provide pxe boot
images for the 30 CLIENTS).

In the end I think I will use 10.04 LTS for the server.

I have in the passed used ThinStation but the older kernel did not
support the newer chip set i think!!  Quite enjoying it so far!

Thanks
Stephen