List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] changed server ip, no login
From:       Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant () freegeek ! org>
Date:       2010-11-16 20:39:30

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 07:01:23PM +0100, vla wrote:
> Am 04.11.2010 23:52, schrieb ltsp-discuss-request@lists.sourceforge.net:
> what i did:
> i clone a working ltsp-server, change its ip-address, execute
> ltsp-update-sshkeys and ltsp-update-image,
> get a logon screen on its clients but cannot login.
>
> workaround:
> on client, i change to the console, login as root, delete
> /root/.ssh/known_hosts, switch back to graphical login and can log in.
>
> so i deleted /opt/ltsp/i386/root/.ssh/known_hosts,
> executed ltsp-update-image and can now log in on clients.
>
> my next question, should i generate a new known_hosts file for root and how?

no, you shouldn't.  best not to have a /root/.ssh/known_hosts.

ltsp-update-sshkeys updates /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts, and your
/root/.ssh/known_hosts was interfering and giving conflicting information.
maybe ltsp-update-sshkeys should warn if there is a /root/.ssh/known_hosts
file, though maybe there are valid use-cases for that...

live well,
  vagrant