List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] boot from server, login to a different one
From:       CyberOrg <jigish.gohil () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-27 7:26:20

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Joshua Higgins
<joshiggins@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, This question is probably asked a lot, but I want to get my clients to
> boot from 1 server, and login to a different one.
> I've noticed a SERVER variable in the clients /usr/share/ltsp/ltsp_config
> file, will hard coding this to a known ltsp server work? I don't want to
> break my working network just yet...
> I was thinking I could set up two identical LTSP servers, one running dhcp
> and one without. The clients would boot off the first and login to the
> second. Because the SERVER variable is set in a script, I could script in
> choosing of a server. I looked at ltsp-cluster, but I'm using an in-house
> program to manage clients so this isn't an option for me.

You need LDM_SERVER variable pointing to the other server, and ssh
keys of that server in client choot.

There is another simpler cluster that can be used if you have fewer
number of nodes, see get_hosts script mentioned in upstream docs. Here
is how we use that in openSUSE http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP/Cluster

Cheers

-J