List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] ltsp-5 on fedora 10[in way to be solved]
From:       François_Patte <francois.patte () mi ! parisdescartes ! fr>
Date:       2009-03-12 21:43:00

Le 12/03/2009 14:50, David Hopkins a écrit :
>> I should have begun there: here is my network config
>>
>> - - 2 ethernet devices eth0 an eth1: eth0 is the internet interface,
>> associated to an ADSL connection, and eth1 is plugged to a switch
>> providing a private network for computers and thin client (which used to
>> connect the server with ltsp 4.2). eth1 has IP 192.168.1.1
>>
>> - - an iptables config allows computrs on the private network to access
>> the Internet, using masquerade
>>
>> - - a dhcp server is set to provide IP numbers to computers on the private
>> lan.
>>

>> for testing ltsp-5, I disabled the dhcp server, emptying the dhcpd.conf
>> file and, after brigging up ltspbr0, I enabled ltsp-dhcpd server with
>> the default config file. then I set up the bridge:
>>  brctl addif ltspbr0 eth1
>>
>> but I did not change anything to the ifcfg-eth1 which still have IP
>> 192.168.1.1
>
> This is likely the issue.  I don't believe that eth1 should have an IP
> address explicitly defined at all.  It should be slaved to ltspbr0
> instead.  So, if you delete the IP address, subnet mask, network
> information from ifcfg-eth1 (NETWORK, NETMASK, IPADDR) or using the
> GUI tool for network clear all the entries for ip address, subnet mask
> and gateway for that device.  It should still be selected in the
> network GUI but those fields should be blank.  Then, add the
> BRIDGE=ltspbr0 (or brctl addif ltspbr0 eth1) it should work.

I worked! *But* the main problem was the connection between the TC and
the monitor: the connection was a DVI one and in spite of all change I
made to eth1, ltspbr0, dhcpd.... the TC did not boot in "ldm mode" (and
still this message in the logs:

START: ldminfod pid=22507 from=::ffff:172.31.100.100
EXIT: ldminfod status=0 pid=22507 duration=0(sec)

I changed the connection: from digital to analogic and... I got the
login screen of K12 Linux. Moreover I could log in!

Thanks for your help. I now trying to have the TC and the other
computers on the same dhcpd server; according to:
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/AdvancedNetworkSetup

It is not straightforward.

Best regards.

- --