List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] Local printing problem LTSP Ubuntu 8.04.1
From:       "Patrick Rady" <prady () new ! org>
Date:       2008-11-19 19:27:17

I am having problems setting up local printing with LTSP running on 64-bit Ubuntu \
8.04.1.

The latest version, 32-bit LTSP environment built with --copy-sourceslist

Whenever I put these lines into the lts.conf file (these have been part of our usual \
install):

    PRINTER_0_DEVICE=/dev/usblp0
    PRINTER_0_TYPE=U
    PRINTER_0_PORT=9100
    PRINTER_1_DEVICE=/dev/lp0
    PRINTER_1_TYPE=P
    PRINTER_1_PORT=9101

The clients freeze at:

"Setting up LTSP client..."

Almost by accident, I discovered that if you hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, it displays a \
message:

it rcS main process 2170 killed by TERM SIGNAL
it xxx main process XXXX killed by TERM SIGNAL

then booting continues, but I cannot seem to make local printing work.

Any ideas? It seems to affect a variety of clients.  And it happens on the three \
servers that are running HARDY LTSP. Clients work properly when I remove the \
PRINTER_X_XXXXX lines.  But local printers seem to be a no go.

--Patrick