List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP5 and 2.6.17 on Hardy
From:       "Joshua Higgins" <joshiggins () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 16:11:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello everyone....

My current system runs a modified debian etch, with a 2.4 kernel and LTSP4.0
with openMosix patches. Everything works great but i need a more up to date
system. I have downloaded Xubuntu Hardy, installed LTSP server from the
alternate cd etc etc and it works!

Now the hard bit... I have a 2.6.17 kernel compiled with openMosix 2.6 and
installed, it works perfectly on the server. I copied the same vmlinuz and
initrd images over to /opt/ltsp/i386/boot and did a ltsp-update-kernels and
ltsp-update-image. However on boot I get this:

Begin: Mounting root file system ... ...
Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ...
Done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system... ...
IBM TrackPoint firmware: 0x0e, buttons 3/3
input: TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint as /class/input/input2
Done.
ALERT! does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.1.3 etc etc
(initramfs)

and thats it. Into the initrd shell. Does anybody know what the problem is?
I was thinking something to do with NBD but it seems to get the root file
system. I think i may have to build a custom initrd but dont know how.

Thanks in advance

josh higgins