List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] swap
From:       Ken Godee <ken () perfect-image ! com>
Date:       2007-09-21 15:49:42

> My ltsp-system works perfectly well until I add more clients to it.
> Since buying extra memory is not very attractive (Senegal, not very
> rich) it should be nice to specify an option to use either more the
> memory in the server (1GB) or in the clients (128 MB).

Sometimes just throwing more ram into the mix is
not the answer.

What are you biggest resource hogs?

Running certain programs might not have
been a problem with less users, but might
be now. Swapping to lighter programs
will reduce loads. Not sure what your running
now, but blank screen savers, light weight
browser, editors, icewm, etc. can make a BIG
differance. In other words, make it "thin".

Just a thougth, not knowing how or what your running now.