List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Fatal X error
From:       "Sudev Barar" <sbarar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-24 2:27:07

On 20/02/07, balwant singh <bsingh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are facing a problem that when a particular user of LTSP logs in and
> after sometime like 5 / 10 minutes, he got the logout. When checked the logs
> we find the following entry:
> gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting
> testuster.ltsp:0

Seems more like X and gdm problem than LTSP. Try logging in the user
on server and then logging out. Run error tail on second screen and if
the same error shows up this will be confirmed.
Option would be to clean out the users directory of all hidden files
pertaining to X and GDM. Or if it is test user then simply as
root/sudo (careful!):
rm -rf /home/user/.*
Now watch for errors. If it still persists then maybe you have done
changes in the configurations files in /etc tree after other users
were created and now whenever you are creating a new user or cleaning
hidden configuration files these are being recerated again with the
same error.

HTH

--
Regards,