List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] left hand mouse problem
From:       Richard Bos <radoeka () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2006-09-18 18:41:16

Op maandag 18 september 2006 02:56, schreef jam@tigger.ws:
> Just a social question :-)
> Why on earth swap the buttons round

Because the index finder (the one next to the thumb) is stronger.  So the
button that is used most often is operated by the strongest finger.

> I was right handed, now have to left hand the mouse. The buttons are
> 'normal'. I'd find swapped buttons utterly confusing. I'm not mirrored,
> just latterly shifted left.
> Where does the idea that left handed people are also mirrored come from?
> Consider too when normal right handed people drive your left-mouse and
> wonder if they've been drinking.
> Just curious ...

It is just a matter of training.  Within a day (perhaps 2, but not more),
anyone will operate a swapped mouse without problem.  In my case: I
automatically switch buttons/fingers depending whether the mouse is on my
left or right side.  This goes fully automatic.  As such having a swapped
left mouse is the a security measure, people won't easily borrow your desktop
as they are not able to work with the mouse ;)

Back to the problem; is there anyway to debug this problem?  It was okay in
ltsp-4.1 and on the server it is fine.  It must be something with the
X-server that is started by the thin client.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless