List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    [Ltsp-discuss] A big thank you
From:       Tim Brodie <tbrodie () displayworksinc ! com>
Date:       2003-05-04 4:27:49

I just wanted to give a big thank-you to all those
folks who have contributed to this project.  I have
successfully completed our "proof of concept" project
where we implemented a work group of 12 people with
LTSP.

None of my end users have any idea that they all
share one server.  They are able to do their jobs
well even though our server was running Mandrake 8.1.
Last weekend I've upgraded to Mandrake 9.1.  Our
design point is about 70MB Ram per concurrent user,
and it seems to be about right.

I've got approval to establish the LTSP approach going
forward (with the exception of a few workstations running
AutoCad) in all our office locations.

I have not been able to contribute much to the cause
here in the sense of development.  However, I have
been invited to make a presentation at the Toronto
Linux User Group (TLUG) on May 13th about my
implementation.  It should be up on their site
soon.

Perhaps I can also contribute in providing a bit of
a write up on our implementation.

In any event, I am in your debt. So I will give you
thanks, and sing your praises to any who listen.  :-)

Regards... Tim

--
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.

Tim Brodie, IT Manager:SysAdmin:S/W Developer, Display Works Inc.
555 Denison Street, Markham, Ontario CANADA L3R 1B8
Phone: 905-480-0344x290 Fax: 905-480-0342 http://www.displayworksinc.com