List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Re: Sleep when mounting root filesystem
From:       jam () tigger ! powerdsl ! com ! au
Date:       2003-02-27 22:51:23

Hi Georg

I agree with you. My reply to this query said "This is not absolutly true"
"you must have the clients in /etc/hosts"
"you must have the clients specified in dhcpd.conf (ip or name)"
I see many hastles trying to do this with dynamic dhcp, plus you need to
use mac addresses for the client in lts.conf. For someone setting up a
system I say do not use dhcp range options.
(which is easier to administer: keeping tabs on MAC addresses or hostnames ?)
I hope that my answer provided guidance in the right direction
James