List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Re: Interesting Thin Clients
From:       Hallvard Paulsen <hallvard.paulsen () c2i ! net>
Date:       2003-02-27 17:02:22

torsdag 27. februar 2003 06:47, skrev vcare:
> Hello,
> Good to know that somebody knows VXL outside INDIA, but the real story
> is that Here in India , people don't realize the potential of the THIN
> -CLIENT , DISKLESS computing .

I think that is the same all over. (Problem is why by a thin client when you
can get a full PC for just a little more... Of cource us people on the list
know better, but many people go blank when we try to explain.. Or is it only
me that has this problem.)

> We have installed more than 500 nos. of Thin-client in small city i
> india.
> Right from 1999 we are promoting Thin-client and product Netica is the
> best among the whole range of VXL products.
>
> VXL is the only Computer hardware exporter from INDIA. The products
> doesn't require support , the reliability is very much.When we sell here
> in india the cost goes high because of duty structure here in INDIA.
>
> There are limitations of X terminals such as sound , printing and local
> port mappings. It can be run on LTSP also but the problem with the Geode
> chip is the DISPLAY and if you want to use through PXE as Prakash advani
> stated . then you  can look at the Via Mini-itx boards, which are at
> around 75 $ and add another 35-40 $ for case and your box is ready.
>
> If you have any query about VXL thin-client , you can mail me , we are
> VAR for VXL.

In what pricerange are these VXL thingies? (Much cheaper thatn the VIA
solution, which I have tried, and which I think looks very good?)

--
Hallvard P