List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    RE: [Ltsp-discuss] success w/ multiple projects
From:       "Charles Marcus" <CharlesM () Media-Brokers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-10 12:50:58

> From: "Joey Officer" <jofficer@martinapparatus.com>
> To: "LRP Support" <leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Cc: "LTSP Support" <ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:09:43 -0500
> Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] success w/ multiple projects

<snip>

> Unfortunately, we will still be required to run a windows
> based terminal server to serve up a couple of required
> applications, but on a whole, we will be a Linux based
> office.

Hi Joey,

Do yourself a favor and look into a Linux/Win4Lin/Tarantella solution for the
winbloze apps.  *Much* cheaper than Win Terminal Services, runs on Linux,
works great with LTS.

The only licensing requirements are for Win9x (this is the only versio of win
Win4Lin supports currently), Win4Lin/Tarantella (very reasonable), and any
apps you are running.  No Winbloze Server, Terminal Services, or CALs needed.
I believe the price they quoted me for 25 user license of Win4Lin/Tarantella
was about $1,200.

The best part is, it is so speedy, the Client can access Windows apps over a
dial-up connection and it will run reasonably well, so is *very* speedy over a
100mb LAN.

Charles