List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] WG: selecting Servername ?
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2002-05-23 18:45:52

On Thu, 23 May 2002, D. Grunewald wrote:

> I'm using NIS and after all my Server
> got the right name, but for my
> applicationstuff i need some LAN-connections
> and it binds them to the server called
> "server". "server" is also(!) bound to the
> server-ip like the right servername.
> If there's no posibility to select the
> servername from the beginning - can i
> delete anyhow the binding from "server" to
> my server-ip ?

that can be changed by editing rc.local in your ltsp-tree /etc
directory.

search for /tmp/hosts in that file.
replace server with your right name. Next time the client boots it's o.k.

I have changed it like this (then setting SERVERNAME = xxxxx in lts.conf
default section at the beginning)
# Check the host- and  servernames
#
SERVERNAME=`get_cfg SERVERNAME server`
echo "127.0.0.1   localhost  ${HOSTNAME}" >/tmp/hosts
echo "${DEFAULT_SERVER}  ${SERVERNAME}"  >>/tmp/hosts

Wolfgang