List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Problems Running DHCP on One Server, TFTP on
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2002-04-11 18:02:01

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:

> Before the HP came into the picture, I was able to netboot the IBM from the
> Dell using the recipe from
> <http://cui.unige.ch/info/pc/remote-boot/howto.html>. The Dell was serving
> the BpBatch interpreter via tftp which I used to image and reimage the
> drive on the IBM. In order to do this, the IBM was forced to boot from the
> PXE boot ROM. So, we know that the boot ROM is fine and the system works.

> Here is the problem. I have the stock tftpd that came with RH 7.2 running
> on the HP.

hi Clifford,

if you used the enhanced tftpd from incom before, did you rename the file
bpbatch.P to bpbatch (located in the servers /tftpboot directory)?
The timeout may be due to this.

Wolfgang

BTW: The last days I set up 25 ltsp stations on boxes with the bootix
bootprom. Simply downloading a bpbatch-menu, which allows the choice
between linux (ltsp) and M$Win98. In the case of linux a custom kernel
with compiled in network driver gets loaded. Of course linux is getting
up faster, so we will see what choice our students will make for simply
surfin' the web ...