List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] DHCP question
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2002-02-04 17:28:03

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Jason Bechtel wrote:

> Matt-
>
> Okay, but what about just sending it the signal to reread its
> configuration file (SIGUSR1, SIGUSR2, or whatever it prefers)?  Will
> this also be enough to release the infinitely assigned address?  If so,
> then we have an excellent, foolproof and "tight" solution to one of the
> small problems that currently exist with LTSP.
>
> I don't administer any DHCP servers at the moment, so I can't test this.

At work (school) I've got to manage three DHCP servers.
None of them has any entry in the servers leases file concerning clients
with fixed addresses, only clients with dynamically assigned addresses get
entries. Infinite lease time means IMHO, that the client will no longer
ask for renewal.

Wolfgang