List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] 3c509 PnP
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2002-01-10 19:40:17

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Ragnar Wisløff wrote:

> Will the 3c509 work only in non-PnP-mode with LTSP?

AFAIK the provided kernel has no isapnp support (don't know if
that has changed in the meantime).
So disable pnp or compile your own kernel with the config-file
found in ltsp_initrd_kit as starting point. If you compile isapnp as a
module you have to make changes to linuxrc as well.

[snip]
#!/bin/sh

# linuxrc file for initrd (Initial Ram Disk) for LTSP

mount -t proc /proc /proc

insmod /lib/modules/isa-pnp.o      <--- line inserted
                                   copy module to that location.
                                   don't know if that's a good
                                   location but it works for me
                                   to get a soundcard working
                                   (I don't use lpp).

[ "${INITRD_DBG}" = "1" ] && exec /bin/sh
[snip-end]

Hope it helps

Wolfgang