List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] NFS and K12LTSP 3.0 Beta6
From:       Eric Harrison <eharrison () mail ! mesd ! k12 ! or ! us>
Date:       2001-12-27 4:40:41

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 brian@onehumanfamily.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have downloaded the K12LTSP port v3.0Beta6 and was just assuming that it
>had the NFS support builtin as I have been reading that NFS support was
>built into 3.0.
>
>Does anybody know why my NFS bootups from PXE-enabled clients isn't working?
>
>Really stuck on this one and help is sure appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Brian Armstrong.

As Jim noted, this one is my fault. PXE does not deal with NBI tagged
kernels, so as a quick-fix for testing I built my own kernel for PXE
clients. I did not apply the nfs-swap patch (or any other) to this kernel.

Oddly enough, I had just fixed this before trying to catch up on my
email. Here's the updated RPM:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/distributions/testing/ltsp_kernel_pxe-3.0-2.i386.rpm

Here's how I ripped apart the stock LTSP v3.0 kernel. This boots on my
test box, so I assume it is correct. Assumptions have a way of coming back
to haunt me, so if I have this wrong would one of you guys who actually
understand this stuff (hi Ken!) yell at me? ;-)

	disnbi -e vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-5
	cat segment2 segment3 segment4 > vmlinuz-2.4.9-ltsp-5.pxe
	mv segment5 initrd-2.4.9-ltsp-5.pxe
	rm -f segment?

-Eric