List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Citrix ICA local app package - another approach
From:       Abraham Pearson <foxlakeawp () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 5:39:08

Jim and Darryl,
     Here's an approach which does not involve different runlevels.  I chose not to use wfcmgr,
favoring an xterm window that waits for the user to press enter.  I added the START_ICA and
ICA_APP variables to lts.conf to decide whether to run ICA and what published app to run.  Like
Darryl I installed the ICA client in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ICAClient.

----------portion of rc.local---------------------------------------------------
if [ -w /proc/progress ]; then
    echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} -ac -query ${XDM_SERVER} >/dev/tty3 2>&1" >/tmp/start_ws
else
    echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} -ac -query ${XDM_SERVER}" >/tmp/start_ws
fi

chmod 0755 /tmp/start_ws

######################################
#
#
# Prepare to start ICA (if defined) by writing configuration to start_ws
#

START_ICA=`get_cfg START_ICA N`
ICA_APP=`get_cfg ICA_APP Desktop`

if [ "${START_ICA}" = "Y" ]; then
	if [ -w /proc/progress ]; then
	    echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} -ac >/dev/tty3 2>&1" >/tmp/start_ws
	else
	    echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/${XBINARY} -ac " >/tmp/start_ws
	fi
	      echo "PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/lib" >>/tmp/start_ws
	      echo "export DISPLAY=`hostname`:0.0" >>/tmp/start_ws
	      echo "export HOME=/root" >>/tmp/start_ws
	      echo "/usr/X11R6/xterm -geometry 115x50 -fn
-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--16-0-75-75-c-0-iso8859-1 -bg rgb:3A/6E/A5 -fg white -e /etc/choice
$ICA_APP" >>/tmp/start_ws

chmod 0755 /tmp/start_ws
fi

--------/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/choice----------------------------------------------------
#! /bin/sh
#
# /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/choice

# The rc.local script passes the ICA_APP to this script as the first agument
APPDESC=$1

ICAROOT=/usr/lib/ICAClient/
CFG=/usr/lib/ICAClient/config

echo  "    Press enter to connect to the $APPDESC or "
echo -n "  You may safely power off your computer.  "
read return

#start the ICA client (the app needs to be configured full screen in wfcmgr)
$ICAROOT/wfica -desc $APPDESC $CFG/appsrv.ini

#by exiting the xterm session after the ICA Client is exited we cause X to restart.
exit