List:       ltsp-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Problems with German Keyboared and MS Mouse (ltsp
From:       Wolfgang Schweer <schweer () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2001-11-11 13:08:06

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 schweer@cityweb.de wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Jim McQuillan wrote:

> > >                                        ^^^^^
> > > Stefan,
> > >
> > > because of the old settings in devfsd.conf you have to enter cua0 instead
> > > of ttyS0.
> >
> > NOT TRUE!
> >
> > I use ttyS0 all the time for a mouse.  I think the problem is else where.
> >
> > Jim McQuillan
>                                                                  ^^^^^^^^
> but where?

Jim is right, of course.

The problem seams to be like this:

If you've defined your own XF86Config-file then there are three
possibilities:

1) Set the mouse-device too in the w/s-specific section in lts.conf in
order to overwrite the default setting /dev/psaux.

2) Change the default setting to /dev/ttyS0

3 )Change the settings in modules.devfs like this:

# Serial ports
alias     /dev/tts*		serial
alias     /dev/ttyS*		/dev/tts
#alias     /dev/cua*		/dev/tts

then setting explicitly the mouse-device in lts.conf is superfluous.

Wolfgang