List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Developer] test3 released
From:       Stephan Lauffer <lauffer () ph-freiburg ! de>
Date:       2000-10-23 16:31:12

Hi!

> it is already there, and the symlink is already in install.sh. I think the
yes, I know...
> reason why the hosts file is also created by install.sh is that the client
> needs the hosts file before the ramdisk on /tmp is mounted. If that is not
> the case, we could delete this line in install.sh.
I think the client doesnīt need it. Here it works without...

> >- Georg wants to go on splitting the install-2.04.sh. Jim, youīll find his
> > comment about this in an older mail. I like his idea - what do you think?
> I think if  2.04 should go out soon this has to be done in a later release,
> maybe 2.1?
Ok, thatīs fine.

> Two possibilities:
> a) hardcode the libs into install.sh
> b) do the library detection in the xserver packages also.
> I donīt like either solution, but I think for 2.04 it is ok.
I prefer b) - or what you like?

> >- Georg, I didnīt go on with your scripts for rc.config for suse... at first
> > weīd to decide some other stuff... then Iīll see, how to modify rc.local
> > and so on...
> You mean rc.config?
sorry - yes...

> >If itīs ok, that thereīs a perl script, I could add some more comments to
> > the script and make it more "human readable". If you donīt like it, Iīll
> > remove this...
> Do it in perl, if you like to. I personally would do it in shell, because I
> donīt know perl. Maybe it is time to learn it now:-)
ltsp brought me to learn a bit more shell (and utils)... but Iīm not sure if
you use my code to look how something could be done the best... ;-)

> Iīll have a deeper look into this and write install-templates-debian-2.sh.
Ok, seems to me that weīve finished with dealing around some "architecture plans"...
Iīll write and finish the install-templates-suse for 6.4 and 7.0 tomorrow.

Liebe Gruesse,
Stephan Lauffer

[ Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg - Systemtechnik - Germany    ]
[ Abteilung ZIK: <a href="http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik">WWW</a> ]