List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    [Developer] Presentation
From:       Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty () udc ! es>
Date:       2000-05-19 13:16:47

Hi!

Well, this is to present myself, I met Jim & Ron in the Linux Expo at
Madrid, and I told them I would do it, maybe they are thinking that I
forgot about the hole thing, but I haven't ;-)

Ok, well, I'm studying at the spanish university of La Corunna (in a few
hours we'll know if our football, or soccer, team, the Deportivo, has won
the spanish leage :-) Well, I'm about finishing fith year now, so if I
want my title I must do a project.

What has all this got to do with ltsp?

Well, I thought that if I had to do it I better do something usefull and
that I would like, so then I met ltsp and afterwards I went to Madrid,
and I liked it, so... I thought in doing something for the ltsp.

I've been looking at your task list, and... about the Need Volunteer
stuff... I've been looking at the VNC, and looks cool, also I have some
ideas about the rebooting and all that, but not related to snmp (I almost
forgot about snmp by now), about the kernel port... I'm trying to be an
oficial developer of Debian, so I could pack it up for Debian. But what I
don't understand is the Remote Administration stuff, can you explain it a
little bit?

Also I suppose I could help on other things, or even maybe you have newer
ideas that are not yet on the page, if so... don't hesitate to tell me ;-)

Well, enough for a presentation, I'll be talking to you arround when I
have the time, I'm not starting with any of this at list till exams are
finished, that will be arround June 25th, by them I hope to be able to
get a server and at least one client working at home, so I can start
testing everything and seeing what I can really do for ltsp, meanwhile we
can talk about whatever you think could be interesting for the project.

Regards!

Manty/BestiaTester @ http://manty.i.am