List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    Re: [Ltsp-developer] ldm and l10n display
From:       Oliver Grawert <ogra () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2008-04-14 9:53:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

hi,
Am Montag, den 14.04.2008, 00:43 -0400 schrieb Warren Togami:
> Hi Vagrant,
>
> Do you know how ldm gets its locale from the environment?  Discovered
> just now that ldm-2.0.2 on Fedora 9 isn't displaying any translations
> despite the standard method of setting the LANG.
>
> /etc/sysconfig/i18n on the client chroot has:
> LANG="ja_JP.UTF-8"
>
> I notice that ldm code itself only gets the displayed language from
> LDM_LANGUAGE.  I tried setting it in lts.conf and it still doesn't
> display ja_JP.
did you generate the locale with locale-gen before tryng to use it ? in
ubuntu you can use every locale you want at any time, but the actual
locale-gen command is only called during install of the matching
language-pack-$lang package (which i dont put into the chroot since it
depends on a lot extra stuff i dont want installed in a chroot, so i
have to call locale-gen separately from a ltsp-build-client plugin) is
there probably a similar mecanism in fedora ?

ciao
	oli