List:       ltsp-developer
Subject:    [Ltsp-developer] Problem with 2.0.9
From:       Darryl Bond <dbond () nrggos ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-24 10:45:26

Hi all,

I have been trying to get 2.0.9pre2 to go.
I was getting an error at boot just before running init.

/bin/pivot_root: pivot_root no such file or directory

After a fair bit of fiddling rebuilding the initrd etc I found that the
pivot_root command worked by changing

echo "Doing the pivot_root"
cd /mnt
/bin/pivot_root . oldroot
cd /

echo "Doing the pivot_root"
cd /mnt
/bin/pivot_root . /mnt
cd /

It now works (and boots) ?

Why did this break for me, It seems so fundamental to everything.

Darryl