List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP] rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite
From:       chrubis () suse ! cz
Date:       2014-02-26 15:08:50

Hi!
> > You can skip the whole subdirectory in rpc/Makefile if tirpc is not
> > found with:
> >
> > ifeq ($(RPC_LIBS),)
> > FILTER_OUT_DIRS+=rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite
> > endif
> >
> > Assuming that the RPC_LIBS behaves the same way as NUMA_LIBS for
> > example.
> >
> > And please shorten the directory names when you are at it,
> > rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite is far to long and tirpc or similar would do
> > the same job.
>
> Sorry, did you mean to rename rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite to tirpc or
> similar?

Yes, I'm not a friend of overly descriptive names. So either tirpc or
tirpc-test-suite or anything short enough and descriptive.

> >> Make corresponding changes in current execution/building infrastructure
> >> under rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite. Maybe someone will need it. And I don't
> >> feel that I have a right to remove all these shell scripts and etc.
> >
> > I would personaly remove the current execution/building infrastructure
> > and focus on the LTP integration. Managing two parallel systems is much
> > more work and unless somebody will use the current system it will get
> > broken sooner or later.
>
> Ok. But maybe move this stuff into a subdirectory under
> rpc-tirpc-full-test-suite? Just in case...

I would not bother, it's contained in about 10 released LTP tarballs
that are all archived in sf.net download area and it's in a git history
as well and the original tarball is stil reachable at:
http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/rpc_testsuite.php

Let's concentrate on making it run flawlessly in default LTP run.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz