List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP] open posix testsuite and names of testcases
From:       chrubis () suse ! cz
Date:       2013-02-27 17:11:18

Hi!
> > I vote to changing the rule of generating the Makefiles, it's simple
> > and the simple rule change is easy to be accepted. Agree?
>
> Ok. I will look into this and hopefully commit a patch soon enough.

I tried to change the generate-makefiles.sh script, but there are some
problems.

Some tests are shell scripts that doesn't have build phase. I've
workarounded them by adding build rules that just copy them to
name_x-y.sh in the build phase, which unfortunatelly haven't fixed all
the problems.

We have quite quite a lot of tests (~270) that are shell scripts that
prints "This is tested implicitly via assertion xyz" and returns zero.
I'm quite tempted to remove them. These just increase tests run time,
log sizes, etc. but doesn't do any actual work.

Then there are more problematic ones, shell tests that calls one binary
with different parameters. As in sigignore for example. The paths and
names are obviously hardcoded, which makes them fail. The fix for such
cases will depend case by case but what I will probably do is to make
each test self-contained, but I haven't analyzed all the failures yet.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz