List:       ltp-list
Subject:    Re: [LTP] [RFC] [2.6.29 Testing] Enable multiple instances of devpts
From:       Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev () linux ! vnet ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 15:01:02

Subrata Modak [subrata@linux.vnet.ibm.com] wrote:
> Hi Sukadev,
>
> Can you please let us know, how the following merges in 2.6.29:
>
> 1) Enable multiple instances of devpts:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=2a1b2dc0c83bbfc24d72cafd5e69810a149b44e4
>
> 2) Add DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES config token:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=e4adca27bcbb8a73c4cf1dfa71392654cfa33345
>

> affect LTP Container tests ? Do we need some changes there ?

As for tests for the new functionality, I had used some manual tests
and we should add some basic tests in LTP to verify that with the
new-instance mount option, pty indices start again from 0.

Also, as I had mentioned before, the test case ptem01 would fail and has
probably been fixed already ?

Suka